The origins of Glyde House dates back to 1852 when Jonathan Glyde built the Church of the Non-Conformists (we like non-conforming!) as a place to worship for Methodists, Baptists and other Christian denominations. This beautiful church is no longer standing but it’s school, Glyde House, is where we now make our home.
Now a grade 2 listed building, Glyde House has had many uses over the years including the Bradford Civil Disaster HQ and numerous arts organisations. It was finally vacated and was left in a poor state of repair for many years before David & John took it on. Now lovingly restored, Glyde House now has a careful mix of the old and new.
Today, Glyde House is home of Gumption Business Centre on the 1st floor and a cafe, bar and a coffee roastery on the ground floor.